Tuesday 27 October 2009

trailers

Some of the trailers I have been looking at for research I put into my favourites box on my youtube page. There are also other stop motion things I looked at on there as well. On of my favourites was “The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy” one. This is one of my favourite books. The film I thought was good as a film, but not as good as the book, but nether was the TV series.




I liked the way that on the trailer, it gave the guides definition of a film trailer, like it does for everything in the film. I thought this was a really clever way of promoting the film, especially for those who knew the book, radio series, and TV series.

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy definition of a trailer

Movie trailers are designed to give you an idea about the film in question in a very short space of time. Typically they begin with the introduction of a main character who will very shortly have something utterly fantastic happen to him that someone just had to make a movie about it. Often this section is preceded with the words in a world, but sometimes not. Trailers also normally employ a deep voice that sounds like a seven-foot tall man who has been smoking cigarettes since childhood. The goal is to create a peace of advertising that is original and exiting yet intelligent and provocative, in other words lots of things blowing up, occasionally interrupted by a girl in a bikini. Generally trailers feature heartless evil villains, hideous creatures, dolphins, physical violence, and of course the promise of true love. And lastly there is a final montage often set to rock music and designed to simply blow whatever synapses you have left in your brain. This covenants in the reveal of the main title, followed by the release date, so that the audience can plan the next few months of their life accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment